Families and Friends are Forever

Thursday 7 October 2010

What happened in September??

September..September..hmm where do i start, perhaps start on a happy note, almost a month ago now, i got called and sustained as the First councillor of the Relief Society in the Brisbane ward, at first I was a bit overwhelmed, when a member of the Bishopric called me for an interview, i seriously thought of declining this calling, because i feel like i wont be able to fulfill it well as i have a little baby that demands most of my time, but i thought to myself, if the Lord wants me to serve in this area, i know that He will guide me and help me find the strength and courage to fulfill my calling both as a mother and a councillor, this is actually my 3rd calling in the RS (all within this year), i was a VT supervisor in the beginning of the year and then i was released and, got called to be the secretary and then now as the RS first councillor, I do love every single calling that has been extended to me and I enjoy serving my sisters in zion, and i am grateful for their confidence in me, I can only do my best and I know that the Lord will help me with the rest.

On the 15th of September, I got into an accident (this is the not so happy part :()I was on my way to the shops to do my grocery shopping, Chad is at home with Kellan (he's sleeping at the time) thank goodness, I didn't get hurt, not even a scratch, I am so lucky to be alive, i was so scared, all I can think of at the time is Kellan and Chad (never been into an accident before, this is my major crash) I totalled my car, it's written off :(, it's old but its still running alright, we already have a plan of getting a new one at the beginning of next year until our car dies but obviously i killed it before hand (The accident is not my fault, if you're all wondering) so Chad is now hunting for a car that would last us until we can afford to get  the new car that we want, it's been a bit stressful month for us but we're now slowly getting back to normal. I am very grateful for the help we got from the family, for lending us their car when we need it until we get our own, so until then.

1 comment:

Dan Steinmetz said...

Good luck with your new calling. I'm sure you'll do great.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Ritchell has been in 1 accident. It is definitely a scary experience no matter what. Ritchell nearly totaled the other car, but our car only had a small scratch and a hole where the license plate used to be.

Glad to hear that everyone is OK.