Families and Friends are Forever

Monday 4 August 2008

Leave it to the Pro


Such a rookie mistake!! Friday night the 1st of August 2008 at 7.30pm, the boys are playing Xbox live (Chad and his younger brother came over for a cricket training for the next day, that's why he's over that night, so he's also able to witness my stupidy), Anyway i was bored.. so i decided i should do something to amuse myself right?? aside from reading books or watching a dvd..so i said to myself why not do some girly stuff?? (that's a great idea Irene i mumbled!), went to the bathroom and started looking in the cupboard under the sink where i keep my girl stuff, like waxing strip etc..:), since i havent pluck my eyebrows and they're kinda getting bushy (well i'm exagerating) and i'm starting to get a mustache too lol:) so why not wax?? so i did my mustache first - the result - fantastic!!, then hmm i should do my eyebrows too right?? i might as well. NOTE: I'VE NEVER WAX my eyebrows before on my own, my hairdresser always done it for me. So to save myself from those one by one plucking sting, i might as well have a go at waxing at least i would only have to feel the pain ONCE, so i've put the strip on, then i counted one.. two.. three...and then.. ripped and SCREAM!!!! NO!! wait i didnt scream because of the pain, i screamed because of the result: whaaaaa!!! (, Chad came in to check what's wrong, (by the way this is a good technique to get the boys attention away from the XBOX:) but not a very bright idea to make yourself a complete idiot:( anyway, so i showed him, and he said why did i do that??am i stupid or stupid?? - what a nice way of empathizing right??, but that's Chad, that's how he lets you know he cares:) anyway he walked away went back to whatever he's doing while i was busy patching it up, Chad and Cody is having a great laugh of their life (I am the laughing stock by the way).. anyway to make the long story short, he took a photo of me.. and would not stop laughing!! So i said to myself from now on, I will leave the waxing to the pro's, because i wouldnt want to have a patchy eyebrows ever again.. good thing there's MAC the eye line -thank goodness, and what a good coincidence that i have a fringe or a bangs as some people would call it. So whatever you do, don't repeat my rookie mistake, there are somethings that are better left to the pros:) like waxing for example - unless you trust/brave enough to do it yourself, which i thought of myself by the way but still ended up with a very bad result.... so until then.. or should i say till my next embarasing moment:)

1 comment:

mistyp said...

Oh, dear! Glad you all got a laugh out of it. I think you're smart to leave it to the pro's! :)